Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Lately its just been one thing after another..

I dont know if it's the time of year or just a series of unfortunate events that puts me in a spin of not liking the state of things.  Not talking about my life but life in general.  The country, the world..  ETC..  Whether its sports, politics or reality TV.. It all leaves a sour taste in my mouth.. Allow me to divulge for a moment..

At the top of my laundry list of things that make me mad.. The Texas Rangers and the way Baseball managing goes.  I wont dive into the in's and out's of baseball but its game 6.  Your closer blows it, yes I understand but lets remember he was going through the heart of that line up.  Ok, Josh Hamilton hits a two run shot in the top of the tenth to take the lead.  WOOHOO right?  Wrong, instead Ron Washington does the typical baseball manager thing and instead of sending out Feliz to the 10th to try again because heaven forbid ya overwork a guy in the world series, no.. Instead of facing the lesser talent of the line up he sends out 40 year old Darren Oliver to win it..  Why?  Because managers like to do this thing where they play percentages rather than saying "Hey this Dominican can throw 100 MPH when he's good and loosened up..."  Nah lets send out the old man to blow it because he's a lefty and I feel good about him...  24 hours later you're the Buffalo Bills of Baseball..  Ya know what, I let it go the day after.  I didnt watch game 7 even though people tried to make me, I was like nope.  Its over ive seen enough and I was right.  That's That.

On to Wall Street, Ill be short on this one.  All these hippies out there protesting Wall Street and crying for a lesser money driven country crack me up.  Ive actually listened to interviews with these clowns about how we should all just share in common goods and money and wall street fat cats are a major problem in this country and we are to greedy in our wants for possessions..  Oh really?  95% of these assclowns are out there shouting this and that while texting and playing on their IPads!!!  Guess what idiots!  You are consumers, you are the ones paying 600 bucks for an IPad and 400 for an Iphone and whatever other electronic product YOU bought.  The only difference between you and me though is I have those things but dont complain about it, I work.. I spend.  Thats how it goes.  Bottomline is all this time spent on the street in your tents could of been time looking for work and doing more productive things with your life.

Kim Kardashian.. First let me say if you need someone to talk to in your time of despair and need.  Im here for you.  :)  Just ask questions and let her do all the talking, right fellas?  Anyway, what a train wreck this broad is, right?  Wrong!  Let me tell you something boys and girls, that is one of the most business savy women in the world when it comes to marketing your image and your looks.  Read up on it folks, she made a cool 10 million off that wedding, she didnt pay for it at all and sold the rights of photography and filming to magazines and entertainment TV.  Its annoying and disgusting when you think about it though, I mean making theatre out of something like marriage and love is done in bad taste but its the world we live in.  Is it good TV?  No, I find it annoying but it gets ratings for whatever reason just like dancing with the stars.  I mean do you really thing Chaz Bono was a better dancer than that Kristi Cavallari chick?  No but people watch for the same reason they look at car accidents and crime scenes.  Morbid curiousity..

Last but not least.. Fantasy Football.. I was recently told that I shouldnt mind my recent losing streak because, "We are doing it for fun..."  Let me tell you something as a man.. We do not play fantasy football for fun..  Whatever guy says that is either lying or trying to be the next storyline on a Miller Lite MAN UP commercial..  We play for the prestige of being the best, the money involved and bragging rights all offseason.  Fun?  So, getting to my gripe.  IN the future if I join a league and I see that commish sets it up where you get a point for receptions im going to have a problem because a RB who gets 5 catches for 0 yards (Which is totally possible) gets 5 points should not get the same amount of points as a WR with 1 catch for 49 yards.  No its not a conspiracy against me ( I see that now) and certainly no one is cheating (not a chance).  Im just saying mediocre play by a player shouldnt be rewarded.  Unfortunately Im in a HAVING FUN league rather than a logical one.  Its all good, Ive learned my lesson and have let it go after a comforting bowl of Pho Noodles at lunch today. 

Im a lock for the 1st pick in the draft next year..  So I got that going for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment