Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 21, 2011

Questioning Authority and Protesting... How to deal..

Ok well you've been watching the news, reading your facebook and tweets about the goings ons in our nation..  I see people are outraged and pissed at the police for using pepper spray tactics and other removal methods to clear the way.  Im on the fence people..  I dont want anyone killed or seriously hurt to that matter but if some hippy is in the street protesting their financial stance in life or some other government department but are blocking my path to work or another place I gotta be I may be inclined to floor it and plow right into em..  I mean seriously.  These UC Davis kids for example, what exactly are they protesting?  Ive searched online and all I can find is they are protesting for the Chancellor to resign AFTER the Pepper Spray incident so WTF were they protesting prior??  Seriously, I dont know.  Ok, so there they sit, arm in arm.  Most of them probably skipping class wasting grant money but thats just a theory.  Anyway, it clearly states (And I read this) It is prohibited to camp out on school grounds.  Ok thats a law..  I saw the cops try to lift them and remove them peacefully, they didnt budge.  Ok so at this point what is Johnny Law supposed to do?  Ask them nicely, pretty please with sugar on top???  Let me make this clear, I have my own personal feelings towards officers of the god damn law on my own experiences and even though I dont like them I respect their authority!  (That was my Cartman impression..)  I do.. I dont like it but if I know im doing something illegal (which all these UC Davis idiots know) and an officer asks me to disperse or to move.  Yeah, im gonna move.  I dont believe half these morons on wallstreet, Oakland or whatever school campus know exactly what their doing.  They're just doing it cause its an excuse, an excuse to fuck off and not do what you're supposed to.  Reminds me of some 'Walk outs' we had at high school over teachers salaries and other stuff I don't even remember.  We all walked out.. Why?  Did we really care?  Not really but if we didnt have to go over the mundane study plan of the day of what makes the Great Gatsby great, we were walking out.  No I dont pity these protestors and it leaves me with the question, what is law enforcement supposed to do?

I am all about having a difference of opinion and making your voice heard but when you start screwing with the average joe who does in fact work, who has a family to feed and isnt living on mommy and daddy's coin then I have an issue. 

I understand its every American's constitutional right to protest, yeah I get that.  Just don't cry about it and start a smear campaign when you break the law doing so and get dealt with accordingly.  Yes they pepper sprayed them.. Boo hoo!  Next time they taze em..

No comments:

Post a Comment