Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 13, 2010

A little Splice of heaven...

     OK so Cristina is out of town and I'm home alone watching movies I know she'd never watch and first up was SPLICE..  I just got done with it and I gotta say, I was disturbed and left feeling uncomfortable with this whole movie and I think that's exactly what they were going for.  Ill leave out all the details but basically a couple geneticists splice some Human DNA and throw in some of this and some of that and voila'!!  Bald creepy chick who doesn't speak but chirps and has a tail with a stinger barb attached.  It goes from weird to weirder.  Adrien Brody was in it so I figured that was enough credibility for me.  Aside from that and the disturbing outcome I started thinking that even though this is fiction it would not surprise me at all if this kind of shit is going down in some government bunker somewhere. 

   I don't think its outside the realm of possibilities, didn't someone clone a sheep or something?  I read that they combined some spider DNA with said sheep so the sheep would produce spider web hair instead of wool.  True story, its not the Stella Artois talking!  (Thanks Dad!)  Anyway, so I'm sitting in the dark with my trusty companion (Sadie the Golden Retriever on loan from the in laws) and finding myself a little bit jumpy.  Woohoo just the feeling I was going for!!  Plus the sun's starting to go down so that only adds to my imaginary dread.  Well on to the next flick, the rebooted NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET!! 

I'm a glutton for punishment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment