Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 14, 2011

Award shows..

I haven't watched the Grammy's in EVER because well... I usually dont care.  Its always the same people with the usual outcomes and last night did not alter my feelings on that.  Ill just throw out a couple thoughts.  Lady Gaga once again, over the top with some kind of 'Message' in her arrival and her performance.  Ok, Im gonna show up in an egg being carried by odd looking costumed dancers.  Thumbs up!  Then Im gonna sing about "Being born this way."  Ok we get it, your mother dropped you on your head as an infant.  Move on.  So last year was a meat dress and this year an Egg.  Next year shes showing up dressed as Porky Pig, book it!  Shes going down the protein costume line.

Ill be brief on the Bob Dylan performance, if not for the surrounding bands performing with him would you of understood a word he said?  That was just nonsensical noise from a guy thats about two decades past his prime.

Ill just touch base on two of the top award winners and wrap this up.  Album of the year winner 'Arcade Fire'.  Know nothing about these guys and have never heard a single track.  I go on facebook last night and I see a high school buddy (Thanks Sevag) mention that he walked out of their concert in NY.  That was enough for me.  Who votes for the winner?  Oh and here's my favorite...  Best new artist.  Esperanza Spalding....  Ok, Ill admit her name is beautiful.  Sounds like a Spanish basketball brand.  Other than that who's this chick?  She was up against Justin Bieber and Drake to name a few and won??  After she won I see later on shes on the stage with some Youth Jazz Band while some guy is talking about the importance of Musical programs in schools around the country which is fine.  So she's next to him with one of those gigantic bass things plucking away and singing scat.  So Im like, ooooooooooooooooooh thats why she won.  Shes so deep with her bass and shoobidy doo bop bop shoo bop bop that how could she not be the best new artist around???

Cee Lo came out dressed like a peacock surrounded by the Muppets on crack and dueted with Gwyneth Paltrow on that 'FORGET YOU' song.  Why is Gwyneth singing?  I understand shes married to the singer from Coldplay but do you see him running out starring in Shallow Hal part 2??  Which they should green light btw.  The story could be Rosie has the surgery (gastric bypass) and how Hal reacts to it.  Two thumbs up!  Ok ok let me get back on track.

Ultimately I went to sleep after Katy Perry performed so I missed out on best Latin album of the year.  Dammit!  Please tell me Menudo won!!

1 comment:

  1. "The story could be Rosie has the surgery (gastric bypass) and how Hal reacts to it."
    You could have a career here. I would watch it.

    ReplyDelete