Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hollywood hitting CNRL-ALT-DELETE

I suppose there are so many stories Hollywood producers can come up with and eventually 'Green Light'.  It seems we are getting slammed with REBOOT's of existing movie titles we already know and love.  Im going to examine a few and point out some could be good and some are just mistakes waiting to happen.

Arthur- Personally this is one of my favorite movie's from the 80's.  Dudley Moore was amazingly funny in this role and the movie just has so many one liners that I can say in all honesty, my father and I still go back and forth with lines from this gem.  Currently Russell Brand is set to star and redo this movie.  I am on the fence on this one only because I actually like Brand and his movies have no dissappointed me.  The heavy UK accent, the off the wall comments that he clearly adlibs.  I think he can do this but we shall see.

Conan the Barbarian..  OK my brother and I will more than likely go see this only to come out of the theatre hating it.  It wont have the musical score neccesary, nor will it have AHNOLD!  From what Ive read it is attached to some dude that was in Baywatch... Baywatch??  This has fail written all over it and it bugs me because again, this is a franchise from the 80s that I love.  To Be Continued on that one folks.

The Crow.. 3 words.  DONT DO IT!  Leave the Brandon Lee saga alone.  Every Crow movie that followed the original sucked.  Just avoid it Hollywood!  If someone dies during its filming I may have to get another Tattoo.  Heh..

Ghostbusters, Im only ok with this if my hero Bill Murray is in it, if not I will utterly refuse to like this movie.  You cannot have a ghostbusters movie without DR. Peter Venkman!  "The next time someone asks you if you're a god say YES!!!"  Cinematic gold people!

Superman and Spiderman, ok both these movies are being done and Ive had talks with a buddy at work about this.  How do you reboot a franchise that was just rebooted???  I mean Superman Returns was done like 5 years ago and Spiderman?  They just finished trilogy didnt they?  So what does that mean?  Youre just gonna start over and retell the same story?  Do we as an audience wanna see a kid get bitten by a radioactive spider and discover powers all over again???????  Personally I think they should leave it alone for awhile.

Ok.. Mr. Vin Diesel.. Please sir.  Please stop living your life a quarter mile at a time and make some quality films!!  Im done with seeing this cat drive around in Rice Rockets avoiding cops with fancy driving and having Paul Walker by his side.  Dude, enough!  Get back to the Riddick Chronicles, lets explore that store some more.  Its original, its dark and its character has an anti-hero feel like no other.  Think about it.

Im just saying if we are gonna go backwards and use stories from the past, lets grab some quality scripts!  Lets leave the Teen Wolf and The Phantom (The 30s hero in the giant purple suit) where they are, in the DONE bin.  Lets reboot cult classics and do them right!  Mad Max, The Snake Plisken movies.  Something along those lines.  Lets give the whole Vampire thing a rest, I cant take it anymore. 

Nevermind, I read they are making Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Killer.  I quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment