Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 17, 2010

Fail! Whats in your wallet??

We turn on the TV and we see commercials all the time right?  Well one that stands out is the Capital One commercials, the whole Viking theme and the constant "Whats in your wallet?!"  Well let me tell you what a sham this company is.  Im Xmas shopping yesterday and I know how much money I got on my card so I start firing up the plastic and boom, Denied, Declined!  Wait, What?  So I call, double check.  Got plenty of money on it.  Then I call customer support and I tell you what folks, If this idiot who said her name was Joanne (More like Babitha or Bala, dont ask I googled common indian names for girls) told me "Im so sorry to hear that Ill help you" one more time I was gonna choke somebody.  Dont you hate these scripts they read from?  Plus they are so condescending, she starts with the whole "Let me look at your limit" crap and I told her I know how much I got.  Fail!  So after I chew her out I say let me talk to the manager please, meanwhile everyone in the store is staring at me because Im not a quiet person when Im annoyed and hungry.  I was both, bad combo!  Anyway the manager starts saying :hey, you should have no problem charging what you want, your account is fine!"  Well thank you captain obvious, let me run the transaction again!  Failed again!  Theres nothing more frustrating then hearing the person on the other line saying, "I dont know what to tell you, it should go through, it must be a problem on their side."  Whats frustrating is I know what shes doing, shes trying to get me off the phone.  Finally I said to hell with it and just paid cash. 

I feel cheated, isnt Xmas about charging and racking up bills and all the joy that comes with it?  If I could ever find a nativity set that had a little baby credit card in the manger with all the shephard's looking over it, that'd be awesome. 

On a side note, I saw something strange this morning and just had to share.  I take my oldest daughter to school everyday Im off and we do breakfast.  So today at Mickey D's I notice they have a Xmas tree inside next to the registers which is cool, ya know.  Ronald McDonald gettin' down with the holidays.  Good Stuff.  What I couldnt and still dont understand is why behind the tree did they have a portrait of Barbara Streisand?  Its kind of a conflict isnt it?  I mean, shes Jewish.  Quite possibly the most famous Jew of our time next to Jerry Seinfeld.  I just thought it was odd, a picture of her behind a XMas tree.

If I go into a Jewelry store and there's a Menorah with a picture of George Bush behind it, Im running for my life.

Happy Holidays to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment