Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Happiest and Scariest place on earth!!


Well boys and girls, the family and I are back from the Magic Kingdom!  It was truly an experience the kids will never forget and I know Ill never forget.  "Ill take 4 corn dogs please."  "That'll be 17 dollars please.."  Thats a true story, I sure did tell the kids to chew their corn dogs slowly.  Its also a different experience when you go with someone who has a scooter and a disabled pass, apparently you can just go to the front of the line.  Love ya Nana!  I told my mother we arent going back until she's using a walker or has a scooter of her own.  Heh..  Having been to both Disney's I found myself comparing the two, comparing the layouts and the rides and all the nuances.  My oldest daughter and I spent alot of time talking about the differences but the one thing we both agreed on is the prices sure are the same.  I bought myself anything but my usual Disney Beanie.  Everytime I go, i get a new one.  Its kind of a tradition.  Other than that the girls got the usual Disney bracelet junk and a few T-Shirts.  I have to say I miss the old Pirates of the Carribean.  This new one is all about Jack Sparrow and it doesnt have the same feel.  Seems more hollywood which I dont like.  Space mountain was still great but Im gonna say it, I sure was dissappointed that Captain EO and Star Tours are no longer there.  Sorry, I liked those two.  Sue me! 

Well dont let me leave out we did Universal!  Heaven forbid my Jordyn not experience the Harry Potter attraction!
Jordyn will tell you this was her favorite part of the day, after this she was like Ok Im good!  Universal is a little different from what I remember but then again its been about 25 years since Ive been to the Florida one.  Im pretty sure ive forever traumatized my youngest daughter due to all the scary boat rides.  Jaws, the Amazon boat ride, Pirates of the Caribbean..  By the time we got to Its a Small world I didnt know how she was gonna react.. Fortunately she loved it and the constant song of ITS A SMALL SMALL WORLD brought nothing but a big smile to her face.




2 comments:

  1. It's still a magical place for the kids...But spending that kind of money is just not in my rhelm of thinking these days...I'm glad they all enjoyed themselves...Maybe the next time they go it will be you (David) with the scooter and your daughters complaining about the $20 corndogs...Walt would sure thaw out quick if he could understand the way they are gouging families...lol...First time I went in 1976 it cost $9 to get in and you had to buy ride book tickets...better rides were more expensive...everything has it's value I guess:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome man good to hear, glad you enjoyed it. Yeah, and that's not the first time I heard people complain about the prices dude. Need to change the theme song to it's a Small Wallet after all. Fo' realz.

    ReplyDelete