Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Skepticism

Today's blog is definately inspired by my father.  He sends me these daily quotes of inpiration and today's Helen Keller quote kinda got me thinking.  Did someone who was blind and deaf really fire off all these saying's of human perserverance?  I want to believe that someone who felt their way through life came up with all this but come on!!!  Really?  Ive watched the Miracle Worker, I dont buy it.  Anyone who smashes their food like that surely cant be capable of telling me
"Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourself a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find a joy in overcoming obstacles." 

She came up with that how? 

This ranks up there with Us landing on the moon.  Nope, dont buy it.  Oswald being the lone gunman.  Yeah right!  It was a weather balloon not an alien space craft, Ok..  Taylor Hicks beating out Daughtry on Americal Idol, Do you follow me?

I think people believe to much of what they read.  Its not cause they're stupid its just cause we WANT TO believe.  All the violent and horrible news that we get spoon fed to us every day, we want to hear improbable things and have that shine some kind of hope on our dreary lives.  Personally I dont need it, I prefer the truth, good or bad.  Keep it real!  Find the humor in it, I know I do.

Til next time True Believers!

2 comments:

  1. You are oh so right conspiracy theory partner...We are led around like sheep and told what "they" want us to hear...And if you question mainstream america you are an outsider in some respects...If it walks like a duck...and so on...But I question everything, always have...It may be pesemistic but until I fully understand what it is they shove down my throat I will ask why and how...Now I don't keep it to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah Humbug! You have homework now. Read her biography. It comes from Helen's spirit and wonderful mentors. Her case and financial status afforded her exceptional opportunities. I will always be a believer in the exceptional. How else will I attain it?
    And I do respect your choice not to. Have a great day David.

    ReplyDelete